News / Locally
As it is an exciting week here at the boutique with Alana, our intern's last week and also our fashion show, we thought we'd write a blog about a day in the life here at Eden.
We've been busy with the final preparations for our upcoming fashion show this Sunday. It is an in store event which we're naming - Catwalk, cava and cupcakes! If this sounds of interest to you and you would like to attend the event, there are still a few spaces left: http://bit.ly/2ofoCos click on the link to book your tickets.
That meant today was spent organizing the different outfits for our four models to showcase on Sunday. Then once we had figured out all the outfits to be worn, the running order then came together.
Another part of our day featured a visit from Intelligent POS digital marketing manager, Alan. We operate the till system through Intelligent, and he was visiting us for a chat about the system. This was a helpful discussion answering questions such as Eden's origin story and the challenges faced and overcome.
A new brand that came to our attention - Miss ShortHair, which we ending up placing orders for around 20 different kinds of scarfs. Hopefully we will receive the order in time for our fashion show.
Pictured below is one of the gorgeous Pom Pom scarfs that will be in store soon!
We appreciate you reading this weeks blog and hope you've enjoyed a little insight into a (typical) day in the life and some of the goings on here at Eden.
With Mother's day soon approaching on the 26th, it is still not too late to pick up a few special gifts to give this Sunday. Even if you are just looking for a gift for a different occasion then this blog post may offer you some useful ideas.
Jewellery gifts aren't the most original but that doesn't mean they are boring. Jewellery can be thoughtful and beautiful and is something a person can keep for a lifetime.
The first item on the gift guide is Sence jewellery, a wonderful Copenhagen brand.
Stunning semi precious stone necklaces are statement pieces and the best thing about necklaces are one size fits all!
A bracelet is the perfect fit for treating someone to jewellery that is both unique and precious. This subtle bracelet is laced with semi precious stones and is sure to be appreciated.
These sophisticated earrings are worn gold plated metal with semi precious stones which make wonderful pressies.
Shown below are some of the soy based candles that are not only thoughtful but genuinely smell amazing. They have a typical burning time of 40 hours and come in a handy gift box.
A classic gift to give is candles and we have 7 different message candles in the range to choose from. "Instant happy woman just add bubbles" and "this house runs on love, laughter and prosecco" are our top picks for a mothers day present.
There are a good selection hydestyle bags that suit everyday and can be used on both sides to turn a day time look into night one. The bags are available in arrange of beautiful shiny metallic and are irresistibly stylish.
They are also made of real leather and all have inner pockets and come with straps.
On the reverse side, the bags are plain suede colours as one example shows below.
Besides the messenger style bags there is also the small cross body bag, which looks incredible with a leather jacket.
Buying clothing for others can be tricky, however this gorgeous floral print blouse is super flattering for all shapes and has a contemporary take on florals.
As for a cheaper alternative a scarf is a good idea. Brighten any outfit with this lovely colourful accessory.
I hope you have a lovely Sunday and celebrate with loved ones. To find out more information about any of these items feel free to click on the links and pictures.
There are approximately 200 businesses in Stockbridge and three-quarters are independently owned and run. With the ongoing roadworks in the Stockbridge area we wanted to highlight the benefits of shopping with an independent business...
1. Supporting the local economy - Edinburgh benefits from shoppers spending money in independent shops, in terms of preserving the community, rather than the money going to a London Head Office.
2. Creates a community - Shop owners become familiar with one another and customers will become known in the area this creates a feeling of a common bond.
3. The shopping area will thrive off the local shop owners who are successfully running a business and the owners are like-minded citizens with entrepreneurial spirit.
4. We remember you, your previous purchases, what you like/dislike - Independent shop owners will get to know their regular customers and they will understand what you are looking for.
5. Shop owners invest in the local community - They are less likely to leave the area and are more likely to encourage support in the community in order to drive business to the area.
6. Economic advantages - The more money made in the local area, the more popular the area is to live in and the value of property increases.
7. Environmental benefits - Customers have reduced transport time because the shops are local, compared to out of town retail parks. Less travel time means less emissions in the atmosphere.
8. Products last longer - The lifespan of products tend to last longer from independents, whereas high street products are less expensive but will not last as long.
9. More choice and diversity - Boutiques can offer products with more appealing choice and products will be different from well known chain fashion shops.
10. "Use us or lose us !" The following Stockbridge boutiques are no more - Hibiscus Flower, Chic and Unique, Carrie Linton and The Stockbridge Boutique. Local shops and businesses need your support in order to survive.
Let us know if you like to shop locally or would you change your shopping habits having read this blog post? For further information about Stockbridge please visit www.stockbridgeedinburgh.com