News / Fashion boutiques
There are approximately 200 businesses in Stockbridge and three-quarters are independently owned and run. With the ongoing roadworks in the Stockbridge area we wanted to highlight the benefits of shopping with an independent business...
1. Supporting the local economy - Edinburgh benefits from shoppers spending money in independent shops, in terms of preserving the community, rather than the money going to a London Head Office.
2. Creates a community - Shop owners become familiar with one another and customers will become known in the area this creates a feeling of a common bond.
3. The shopping area will thrive off the local shop owners who are successfully running a business and the owners are like-minded citizens with entrepreneurial spirit.
4. We remember you, your previous purchases, what you like/dislike - Independent shop owners will get to know their regular customers and they will understand what you are looking for.
5. Shop owners invest in the local community - They are less likely to leave the area and are more likely to encourage support in the community in order to drive business to the area.
6. Economic advantages - The more money made in the local area, the more popular the area is to live in and the value of property increases.
7. Environmental benefits - Customers have reduced transport time because the shops are local, compared to out of town retail parks. Less travel time means less emissions in the atmosphere.
8. Products last longer - The lifespan of products tend to last longer from independents, whereas high street products are less expensive but will not last as long.
9. More choice and diversity - Boutiques can offer products with more appealing choice and products will be different from well known chain fashion shops.
10. "Use us or lose us !" The following Stockbridge boutiques are no more - Hibiscus Flower, Chic and Unique, Carrie Linton and The Stockbridge Boutique. Local shops and businesses need your support in order to survive.
Let us know if you like to shop locally or would you change your shopping habits having read this blog post? For further information about Stockbridge please visit www.stockbridgeedinburgh.com
Our latest jewellery find at Eden is Sence Copenhagen jewellery. This stunning brand from Denmark offers a range of products, featuring semi precious stones combined with a special finish gold and silver plating. With their charm pieces you can customise and combine items to create your very own look.
For example any charm can be added to any necklace and pieces can be joint together to create a unique combination and and individual style.
Everyone has their own personal style and Sence Copenhagen like to think that since we change our clothes everyday, why can't we have the flexibility to change our jewellery?
When the jewellery designers created each piece, they got inspiration from the forthcoming fashion trends. This means that a piece of Sence jewellery is going to match fashion items for this season, and with the versatility of the jewellery, it can be adapted to suit any trend in the future.
The full range will be on the website soon so follow Eden on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates and more pictures!