This week we've been speaking to Laura Russell, personal shopper, fashion stylist and blogger from Satisfashion...
Q and A with Laura
1. How did you get into fashion styling as a career?
I have worked my whole life in retail, even perfecting the art shopping from a young age. I worked through the ranks from Sales assistant to Store manager then within a head office environment buying. I love the personal interaction with clients and love making people look amazing in the clothing they chose to wear.
2. What is your favourite thing about your job?
My favourite thing about my job is working with all my lovely clients, going through their wardrobes then taking them shopping its like working with friends by the end of the day and such great fun. Plus I'm shopping a lot so can’t really complain.
3. Which Fashion Icon do you aspire to be like?
I don’t really aspire to be like any fashion icon - I love Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughbys style and love how they mix up high street with designer.
4. How would you describe your own fashion sense?
I would describe my fashion sense as classic with a twist.
5. What inspires your fashion sense?
I'm inspired daily by loads of things when it comes to fashion, it might a person walking down the street to someone on TV, or it maybe even be a colour combination in a shop. I also get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest and magazines.
6. Any advice for someone starting a career in fashion?
If you love it you will succeed, things don't just happen you have to work hard for them and just get yourself out and about so people know what you do etc.
7. If you opened your own fashion boutique, what type of clothes would you sell?
This is my ultimate dream to open a fashion boutique, it would be a Dress shop from daywear to occasion.
8. Why do you like shopping at Eden?
I love shopping at Eden because you find things that are not on the high street, those unique pieces that are bound to get a compliment.
9. What is your favourite fashion era?
My favourite fashion era has to be 50s - I love all the puff skirts and cinched waists showing a great silhouette.
10. What 3 fashion items could you not live without?
I could not live without my Leather Biker jacket, My Jeans and a Denim shirt.
If you are interested in finding out more about Satisfashion please take a look at her website and social media links below